There’s still plenty of time to squeeze in a few more summer activities before Labor Day unofficially signifies the end of the season and the back-to-school craziness begins. Make the most out of August at these events, food festivals and beach outings, all in the name of ending summer in the best way possible.
- Make a splash at an inflatable water park or adventure course near you. These Wibit courses are super popular this summer and are popping up everywhere!
- Practice your putt-putt skills at an over-the-top mini golf course. Stroll at your own pace or unleash your competitive side and try for a hole-in-one.
- Pick peaches and eat them too, along with other yummy peach-infused foods and wines at one of these local farms.
- Visit Six Flags Great Adventure and try one of the awesome roller coasters. You’ll be screaming for more! You can head over to the safari to cool down in your own car or visit Hurricane Harbor for a wet-and-wild time. Sesame Place in Langhorne, PA, has its own share of water rides and kid-friendly coasters and attractions.
- Brave a zip line or adventure course in NJ or beyond.
- Take a day trip to the Wildwoods and go crabbing, take a bike ride, lay at the beach or check out the schedule at the convention center.
- Go for a family bike ride or hike on one of these trails and catch some scenic mountain views.
- Do some good before school starts and volunteer; there are plenty of opportunities for kids, and some don’t even require you to leave the house.
- Have a picnic dinner and listen to (free!) music at these outdoor summer concerts.
- Pick your own flowers at one of these picturesque farms. Sunflowers, zinnias, gladiolas – you’ll have enough variety to make your own at-home floral bouquet.
- Catch outdoor flicks without spending a dime. Don’t forget to bring your blankets and chairs! There are also old school drive-in movies, too!
- You don’t need to go far to create the perfect campout. Set up a tent in your backyard or check out one of these camp sites.
- Switch up your typical beach day with a visit to a new beach. There’s plenty of oceanic gems along the coast that offer fun family attractions and great beach eats.
- Mix history and the great outdoors at one of NJ’s National Park sites.
- Give the kids a taste of a new playground. If you have a child with sensory sensitivities, you’ll definitely want to check out Jake’s Place Playground in Delran and Cherry Hill.
- Go to a carnival, a festival or a county fair. There will be tons of games, rides, farm animals and funnel cake.
- Host a family Olympics, create teams and try fun activities like a water balloon toss, three-legged race, tug-of-war and more.
- If your kids are adventurous, go on a whitewater rafting or tubing expedition.
- Ditch your community or your own pool and splash around at one of these spraygrounds to keep cool and avoid the heat.
- If all these activities make you work up a sweat, head indoors to see a summer concert.
Labor Day Parades in NJ
This Beach in NJ is Ranked No. 1 For Labor Day BBQs
The Best Fairs and Festivals in New Jersey in August
Free Things to Do in And Around New Jersey During August
60+ Things To Do Outdoors in NJ
50 Things to Do Indoors in NJ