Adventure Aquarium in Camden is turning 30 this year, and to celebrate it will bring back its most magical and mythical underwater experience, Mermaids. The popular exhibit features real-life Mermaids and hasn’t been at the aquarium since 2019, but is returning from February 24 until March 13.
“The best way to celebrate the Aquarium’s 30th birthday is with a little magic from mermaids,” said Molly Deese, Adventure Aquarium Executive Director. “It’s been over two years since mermaids have appeared at Adventure Aquarium, and we’re thrilled to have them back to entertain and mesmerize new and returning guests.”
These magical mermaids will be featured in the 550,000 gallon Shark Realm exhibit, where you can see them swimming with 15,000 sea creatures. You’ll also spot the mermaids wading with stingrays and kids can even meet a mermaid for a photo op.
Family-friendly Mermaids programming includes:
● Underwater Swimming Mermaid – Prepare to be mesmerized as you witness a real-life mermaid swimming underwater among the largest collection of sharks on the East Coast in the Shark Realm Exhibit.
● Mermaid Beach Club – Guests can wave hello and interact with a mermaid as they relax in Stingray Beach Club, surrounded by the Aquarium’s friendly rays.
● Meet a Mermaid – Enjoy a one-on-one visit with a mermaid on dry land in Mermaid Grotto. Have a professional H20 photo taken with a mermaid and take home a lasting memory.
● Mermaid Crafts – Create a magical mermaid tail or pirate hat craft with the help of an Adventure Aquarium team member.
● Walk the Plank – The popular “Walk the Plank” game show will return with new mermaid-themed categories. Audience members are pitted against each other to save their team from WALKING…THE…PLANK!
● Mermaid Munchies – Special mermaid-themed items will be available, including mermaid-themed cotton candy, Dippin’ Dots, Mermaid lollipops, cookies, pudding, and an “Under the Sea” Sandwich.
● Mermaid and Pirate Face Painting – Guests can channel their inner mermaid or pirate during their visit.
● Mermaid Gift Shop – New mermaid merchandise, from apparel to puzzles and plushes, will be available while supplies last.
Catch the mermaids before March 13th when they’ll head back under the waves. Advance tickets are recommended.