It’s sure to be a sweet night when a s’mores board is in the plans! This board is our absolute favorite go-to dessert for family night or a summer night around the fire pit with friends. From the classic (graham crackers, chocolate bar, and roasted marshmallow) to the King (graham crackers, chocolate peanut butter cup, banana slices, and roasted marshmallow), this board is sure to please everyone as they indulge in this interactive s’mores experience.
Serves 10-12 people
Use a 20 x 16-inch (51 x 41 cm) board
- 1 recipe S’mores Snack Mix (see recipe on page 155)
- ¾ cup (190 g) peanut butter
- 12 s’more-size marshmallows
- 5 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- 5 whole chocolate graham crackers, broken in half
- 3 Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars (1.55 ounces, or 43 g), broken in half
- 10 round fudge-striped cookies
- 14 pretzel chips
- 8 to 10 chewy chocolate chip cookies
- 8 gourmet chocolate squares
- 10 round chocolate marshmallows
- 1 Hershey’s Gold Caramelized Crème bar (1.4 ounces, or 40 g), broken into pieces of 2 squares
- 8 peanut butter cups
- 1 Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Crème bar (1.55 ounces, or 43 g), broken into pieces of 2 squares
- 5 strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 1 recipe S’mores Dip (see recipe on page 155)
- 1 cup (40 g) graham cracker sticks
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
Steps to Make a DIY S’mores Board
- Put the s’mores snack mix and peanut butter in serving bowls and place the bowls on the board.
- Place the s’more-size marshmallows on the middle of the board.
- Fan the regular graham cracker halves on the upper-right corner and the chocolate graham cracker halves on the lower-left corner. Set the Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bars on the top middle of the board.
- Place the cookies on the left side of the board with the pretzel chips to the right of them. Line the chocolate chip cookies down the lower-right corner.
- Fan the gourmet chocolate squares around the s’mores snack mix bowl on the right edge of the board. Stack the round chocolate marshmallows under the chocolate squares.
- Place the Hershey’s Gold bar pieces, peanut butter cups, and Cookies ‘n’ Crème bar pieces on the bottom of the board along with the strawberry slices.
- Place the s’mores dip on the upper-left corner with the graham sticks around it for dipping.
- Arrange the sliced banana in the upper-right corner of the board.
Excerpted from Beautiful Boards: 50 Amazing Snack Boards for Any Occasion. To be published on September 24, 2019 by Rock Point, an imprint of The Quarto Group. Text ©2019 by Maegan Brown. Photography by Jerrelle Guy.