Dr. Scott Galkin’s practice, Smile Designers, is a family practice where the entire staff is committed to providing modern, cutting-edge orthodontic treatments for children and adults. A native of Woodbridge, Dr. Galkin is proud to serve his local community.
“We try to make the experience fun and exciting for our patients,” he says.
Dr. Galkin received his bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University, dental degree from UMDNJ/New Jersey Dental School—where he graduated first in his class and earned the William S. Kramer Award of Excellence—and orthodontic training at Columbia University’s School of Dental and Oral Surgery.
Dr. Galkin is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists and past president of the Middlesex County Dental Society. He is an associate attending orthodontist at JFK Hospital and serves on the hospital’s credentials committee.
“I love how happy you can make people by giving them a nice smile,” he says.
711 Amboy Ave., Woodbridge
drgalkin.com • facebook.com/drscottgalkin
This is an advertising profile from the December 2012 issue of New Jersey Family.
More Articles about Kids and Orthodontics:
Here’s what real NJ moms (and dads!) are saying about Dr. Scott Galkin:
- “Attentive, great staff, friendly, no waiting in office. very informative! My daughter’s teeth look beautiful.” — Sonia V., Perth Amboy, NJ
- “All three of my children have seen Dr.Galkin and we feel he is an extraordinary orthodontist! Besides the fact that my children’s teeth look beautiful (so much so that people come up to me and ask me where I go), but he is always so pleasant and really cares about the kids. Thanks Dr. Galkin!!” — Patricia P., Edison, NJ
- “Dr Galkin is amazing at what he does! He cares about his patients and takes the time to explain everything. He makes the kids comfortable. His staff also goes above and beyond with prizes, cookies, music and silly string when they get their braces off!! All three of my kids are patients and I’ve been happy every step of the way. Not only is he an excellent orthodontist but he gives back to his community at every opportunity. He is an incredible man with a huge heart! He and his staff make the office feel like home.” — Karen Z., Woodbridge, NJ
- “Extremely professional and my daughter has been going to his office since she was 5. He didn’t rush us with getting the braces on and the before work to get her mouth ready for them has been remarkable.” — Beth M., Sayreville, NJ
- “He takes pride in his work and does an outstanding job. Also, he has treated both my sons and myself as well. I am very satisfied with the outcome of all of our orthodontic work.” — Bonnie S., Laurenceville, NJ
- “The service at his office is great, and he speaks to his patients by name; something very hard to find these days.” — Andrew P., Edison, NJ
- “Knowledgeable, caring, and personable ” — Donna C, Edison, NJ
- “Dr Galkin is the best doctor that has ever treated my child. His office is state-of-the-art, impeccable, warm and organized. I have never had to wait longer than 5 minutes to be seen and my son’s appointments are quick and painless. Dr. Galkin and his staff are to be commended for the extraordinary practice they have developed and continue to develop — every visit I see something new and improved. Great Job.” — Jennifer O., Colinia, NJ
- “We basically love everything about our Dr. The excellent service we have in every appoinment that we go to, everyone is very nice to us and are always smiling and wiling to answer any questions we have. They always try their best to accomodate you for the appoinments at our own convenience. Also, there is always a very short period of time that we have to wait until we are called.” — Soledad S., Perth Amboy, NJ
- “He is very kind and patient with my son. He is generous with school functions. Love the office atmosphere and employees are extremely nice too.” — Arelene R., Woodbridge, NJ
- “He’s really nice and answers all of my questions.” — Tatiana D., Edison, NJ
- “He always takes the time at the end of the visit to have a conversation with each parent to discuss their child’s progress. Dr. Galkin is quick and efficient and there is never more then a 5 minute wait in his office. ” — Jill M., Clark, NJ
- “He is a wonderful Ortho and a wonderful person, very warm and gentle and caring.” — Kim A., Port Reading, NJ
- “He is wonderful making my son feel comfortable during his visits. My son has not always had a good experience with the dentist and never wanted to go back again. Dr. Scott Galkin has made him feel more comfortable!!” — Nancy D., Linden, NJ
- “He is so incredible with my extremely squeamish child. Also his office is very efficient. I have never had to wait more than 4 minutes upon arriving. I am very confident in Dr Galkin. He is amazing” — Jeannine S., Clark, NJ
- “He is wonderful. Kids love him. He is good example for the kids and parents as well how a doctor should be. we love everything about him. One more thing is his staff and no wait time.” — Renu A., Islen, NJ
- “He is most wonderful with the children AND the parents. Takes time to explain any questions, is always friendly and easy to talk to. The staff is wonderful. You NEVER have to wait more than a couple of minutes to be seen once you check in. I wish ALL doctors were like that!!” — Bonnilee S., Woodbridge, NJ
- “Dr Galkin trats my daugterr with respect, kindness and he is very caring. Every visit has been a plesant one. I owuld recommend him to anyone. There should be more Dr Glakin in the world. The office staff is very warm and always so plesant and helpful. ” — Mimi A., Port Reading, NJ
- “Dr. Galkin is always kind to my child & my entire family. I love the fact that he talks to & explains everything to my child first than take the time to talk to & explains everything to me.” — Lisa D., Port Reading, NJ
- “Great customer service! I was also a patient at one time and the results were remarkable! Love Dr Galkin!” — Ji P., Woodbridge, NJ
- “Patient and very kind” — Sirima S., Somerville, NJ
- “He is great with children and a wonderful dentist! I recommendhim to everyone.” — Cathy I., Colinia, NJ
- “The office is very kid friendly. He and his staff are very friendly and take the time to answer any questions or concerns regarding treatment. ” — Laurie J., Woodbridge, NJ
- “Dr. Galkin is top-notch! He is always available, always patient, always kind. He has always been very generous to the community. He takes the time to explain things so that we understand them. His office staff reflects the kind of person that he is. Our experience with Dr. Galkin has been a very good one!” — K. D., Woodbridge, NJ
- “Gentle, friendly and great with kids. You never wait in his office. Does wonderful work.” — Tabitha P., Edison, NJ
- “He is very kid friendly. I have a son with multiple issues and Dr. Galkin always takes very good care of him and calms his fears. His staff is always so kind and gentle with my son. I would recommend Dr. Galkin and his staff to anyone.” — Michelle T., Colinia, NJ