Morey’s is celebrating 50 years at the shore this summer with some new oceanside eats. Here are some tasty highlights you can dig into this season:
- The Mother of All Bloody Mary’s, PigDog Beach Bar: a 32-ounce pitcher of the house Bloody, topped with brisket, shrimp, chicken wings and tenders, pigs in a blanket, fries, cheese, olives, cucumbers, celery and tomatoes
- House-Made Fry Sauce of the Week, Curley’s Fries: follow the fry stand on social media to find out the specialty flavor before you go.
- Deep Fried Moon Pies, Multiple Locations: The chocolatey marshmallow treat—only crispy and fried until golden. Get these at La Bakerie, Serpent Sweets or Sugar Shack.
- Ohio Style Nachos and The Mighty Green Burger, Jumbo’s Grub & Pub: These nachos are made with potato chips instead of tortilla, then topped with alfredo sauce, bacon, blue cheese and scallions. The burger is plant-based and topped with roasted Brussels sprouts, pepper jack cheese and balsamic onion jam. Don’t skip the drinks, either: There’s a new line of beer cocktails to sip your way through.
- Rotating Fish Entree, Ranch Baked Pretzels and a Late Night Bar Menu, Joe’s Fish Co.: Go for the catch of the day, or hit the bar for a salty twist or two. As for drinks, try the red or white sangria, or sample a local craft beer.
New concessions include rotisserie chicken at Wilhelm’s Bier Garten, frozen nitro coffee at LaBakerie, hickory smoked pork sausage with jalapeno cheddar at Wilhelm’s and PigDog Beach Bar, and Morey’s own 50th Anniversary salted caramel Dippin’ Dots ice cream, available all over the boardwalk. Also for the anniversary is the Wild Wooder, a light kolsch available all over the pier by Cape May Brewing Co.
There are also new group dining options at a handful of Morey’s restos: pizza parties at Jumbo’s Grub & Pub, cocktail receptions at PigDog Beach Bar and group accommodations at Joe’s Fish Co. and Stubborn Brother’s.
Also at Joe’s Fish Co. is the newly renovated Secret Garden, an intimate, canopy-covered space on the rooftop that seats up to a dozen diners and offers a sweet view of the pier and boardwalk. Morey’s is giving away a three-course meal in the Garden for 10 guests; all you have to do is enter online before July 21. A winner will be picked on July 22.