About two years ago, my mother transferred all of our old home videos to DVDs. Ever since, I've been obsessed—going even so far as trying to get all of my friends to watch them, well, at least two of them! At first glance, you may find this last statement awkward. But a second thought will show that it's just an extension of the YouTube phenomenon! (I mean, really. What's the difference between getting people I know to watch incredibly funny and embarrassing videos of my brother and I and getting people to watch incredibly funny and embarrassing photos of random strangers' kids on the Internet?!)
So, this past weekend I visited my family in New Jersey and was overcome with the desire to watch all of our home videos. However, my family didn't share my excitement for our visual history. I settled for combing through our photo albums and checking out other peoples' kids on YouTube. In my expert opinion, none of them are as funny as a 3-year-old me singing "A Hard Day's Night" with a New Jersey accent (think: wooking like a dawwwg) in a sailor costume (what were you thinking, Mom?) or my 5-year-old brother building a castle out of blocks and telling my mother that nobody can live there because he locked the key inside, but since I find it way too difficult to transfer these memories to YouTube, you'll just have to settle for these videos. (And, OK, they may be funnier than my own.) And, even if you've already seen these, they're worth another look—they're that cute!
1. David After Dentist: David's already an Internet celebrity, but this video of him after a dental surgery is by far the funniest video I've seen in a while.
2. Charlie Bit Me: What's cuter than a baby and his toddler brother? A British baby and his British toddler brother!
3. Emerson—Mommy's Nose is Scary! This baby is both terrified and amused by his mother blowing her nose.
4. Baby Laughing Hysterically at Ripping Paper: This kid thinks it's hilarious that his father is ripping a job rejection letter (if he only knew . . .)!
5. Talking Twins: These babies look like they're having a conversation!
What are your favorite YouTube videos starring babies and kids? How do you feel about posting funny videos of your kids on YouTube? Do you have any home movies you've uploaded to YouTube that you want to share? Let us know!