(1) Transform your party space into an enchanted under-the-sea world with a few tips from NJ party planner Angie Bae, who used a length of blue tulle, white pillar candles and seashells from the craft store to set the aquatic mood for her daughter’s sixth birthday party at Waterside Restaurant in North Bergen.
(2) Bae added some live marine life to the table by filling three clear vases part-way with sea glass (available at craft stores) and included a beautiful Beta fish. She suggests gifting the fish to the birthday girl at the end of the party.
(3) Though these gorgeous pops were professionally made at the Cookie Press in Edison ($3.50 each), cake pops are simple to DIY. Use white non-pareils in different sizes to make outcroppings look like coral and a bed of “sandy” brown sugar to up the beachy look.
(4) Make each mermaid guest feel special by giving her a tulle tutu as she arrives. (Imagine how cute the party pics will be!) Find them in bulk on sites like Amazon or get them custom-made in your party colors on Etsy.
(5) Magical wands come together easily when you hot-glue dowels, dried starfish and ribbons. (All can be found at a craft store.) Amp up the party sparkle with gemstone tattoo kits and face paint.