Last year’s Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru was such a big hit that Great Adventure is bringing back the celebration again in addition to its traditional winter festival Holiday in the Park. With millions of sparkling lights, festive foods, rides and holiday entertainment, Six Flags has so many options for families this holiday season.
New attractions will include:
- Festive Fireside – This new section will boast the triple record-breaking Jersey Devil Coaster, which opened earlier this season. A “hot” new character, Chris P. Sizzle, will welcome guests with his spicy wit. The park’s Food Services team will turn up with heat with delicious eats at Jersey Devil BBQ and Jersey Devil S’mores.
- Light Shows – Every 15 minutes in Merry Market Place, Merry Light Show trees will come to life as their lights “dance” to a whimsical soundtrack. Nearby, kids can ask Santa Claus for holiday wishes, and pose beneath the three-story inflatable Stewie the Snowman. In Wild Lights National Park, the Wilderness Theater stage will sparkle every 30 minutes during Mrs. Claus’ Wild Lights.
- Winter Wizard – This seasonal sorcerer will join the Royal Court, ready to conjure up frosty charm as he meets guests in Deck the Halls.
- Decking the Halls with Doc Swan – Master illusionist Doc Swan will bring magic and eye-popping surprises to Deck the Halls.
- Street Entertainment – Elf Patrol will bring fun and games to the streets, while the Ice Pops elf duo will breakdance.
- Jersey Devil Coaster & Lil’ Devil Coaster – The theme park recently debuted its fourteenth roller coaster, Lil’ Devil Coaster — the junior counterpart to the massive, new Jersey Devil Coaster. Both rides will be available for Holiday in the Park, weather permitting.
- Sweet Treats, Proudly Serving Starbucks® — Guests can warm themselves by the fire with delicious specialty coffee from Sweet Treats, including Starbucks.
All these new treats are in addition to existing faves like Frost, an icy cirque spectacular, an LED light show, a five-story story tree, fire pits for toasting s’mores and Joy to the World, a tranquil pathway of stained glass and luminaries celebrating religious holidays from around the world. The kids will get to meet the Royal court, including the Snow Queen and Peppermint Princess.
And you can even teach the kids about giving back this holiday. If kids purchase a cuddly plush friend in the gift shop, the Holiday Friends toy program will donate another one to children in need. The Holiday Craze Mirror Maze will give $1 off each pass purchased to local college scholarship foundations.
Holiday in the Park will operate Nov. 13 & 14, 20 & 21, 26 to 28; Dec. 4 & 5, 11 & 12, 17 to 19, 23, and Dec. 26 to Jan. 2.
The Drive-Thru Experience will allow visitors to explore the park on select nights from the comfort of their own cars. And this will have new attractions added for 2021 as well.
- New Course – Guests will experience a new driving pattern to weave them through 10 themed sections, beginning by Kingda Ka and ending near SUPERMAN™ – Ultimate Flight.
- Winter Wizard – The frosty Winter Wizard will join the Drive-Thru Experience. This seasonal sorcerer, the newest addition to the Royal Court, will greet vehicles as they pass through Gingerbread Junction on the way to Joy to the World.
- New Walk-Thru Experience – Guests who wish to extend the fun after their drive-through experience can exit their cars to visit Merry Market Place. Dramatic lighting, traditional wreaths and garland, and decorated trees will adorn this section. Holiday “Feastival” will serve hot holiday fare. Guests can warm themselves by the fire pits and toast s’mores, shop for great stocking stuffer gifts, play holiday games, or sample seasonal beverages from Holiday Spirits. Every 15 minutes, trees will come to life as their lights “dance” to a whimsical soundtrack. Santa and his elves will be on hand for holiday wishes and photos. Pets will be permitted inside Merry Market Place, except for the Holiday Feastival per state regulations.
Holiday in the Park Drive-Thru Experience will operate Nov. 15 to 19, 22 to 25, and 29 & 30; Dec. 1 to 3, 6 to 10, 13 to 16, 20 to 22, 24 & 25, and Jan. 3 to 9. Advance registration is required for the drive-thru experience, book now.
On Nov. 13 and 14, check out Holiday Wine Fest, a weekend filled with coasters, cuisine and crafts. Sample wines from 12 New Jersey vineyards and dine on great eats from food trucks while the kids brave the coasters. Tickets are limited, book here.
On Nov. 20 and 21, Six Flags will host a holiday food drive collecting non-perishable food items for benefit Fulfill. Guests who bring at least six items between the hours of 1 and 4 pm will receive a free ticket to the Holiday Craze Mirror Maze. Donations will be collected in the theme park’s outer mall prior to park entry. Requested items include canned goods, cereal bars, fruit cups, individual servings of mac & cheese, baby food, and juice boxes. All items must have their original seal or wrapper, and not require refrigeration.
On New Year’s Eve, ring in 2022 with festive music and fireworks at 9 pm in A Main Street Christmas, free with park admission.