Take your Valentine’s Day baking to the next level with this super easy glaze recipe. These handy glazes help sprinkles stick to your sugar cookies, but also taste great on just about anything. Add bright colors, or even change the flavor.
- 2 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp. milk
- Gel food coloring (optional)
- Substitute 1⁄4 tsp. peppermint extract to replace the vanilla
- Substitute 1 tsp. maple syrup to replace the vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar and corn syrup.
- Measure your flavor extract of choice and add it to the bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of milk, then mix everything together with a fork. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk, one teaspoon at a time. The glaze should feel like a very thick syrup.
- Add a drop or two of food coloring, if you’d like, and stir it in.
- This glaze is runny, but thick. It’s best for spooning onto your cookies. It will dry smooth and firm once completely set.
—Reprinted with permission from The Ultimate Kids’ Baking Book by Tiffany Dahle. Page Street Publishing Co. 2019.