/ doomu

Two dozen Pre-K students at a New Jersey school were taken to the hospital as a precaution Wednesday after they were mistakenly given sanitizer in their milk cartons. Officials at the Camden City School District announced the incident in a Facebook post.

“This morning we investigated a possible contamination of milk today at our Early Childhood Development Center,” reads the message. “It was determined that the substance found in the cartons is a non-toxic consumable sanitizer that runs through the vendor machines prior to milk. Unfortunately, many cartons were filled with the sanitizer, sealed, and then shipped out with the milk. We pulled all milk today and NO milk will be served until the investigation is completed. Emergency teams were dispatched to the school. No students are currently ill but were sent to the hospital as a precaution.”

CBS Philadelphia reported that at least 25 students at the school on Pine Street were affected by the milk mix-up. Officials said no children had fallen ill, though they were taken to the hospital as a precaution after a chemical smell was noticed coming from the containers. Thankfully, the sanitizer consumed by the kids was non-toxic.

No milk will be served at the school until an investigation is completed.

See What Our Readers Are Saying