Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 miutes
1 pound whole wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
6 beef, turkey, or vegetarian hot dogs
3 pieces string cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Divide the dough into 6 equal sized pieces.
- Roll each piece of dough into a long, thin rope about 4 times the length of the hot dog.
- Slice each piece of string cheese in half lengthwise. Slice each hot dog in half lengthwise, but make sure to not cut all the way through. Place 1 piece of cheese in between each sliced hot dog.
- Starting at one end of the hot dog, wind the pizza dough around the hot dog from one end to the other.
- Place the wrapped hot dogs on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until the dough is golden brown
Catherine McCord is the co-founder of One Potato and the founder of the popular Weelicious brand, a trusted content resource synonymous with family and food. A graduate of the Institute of Culinary Education, she has created online how-to videos that have amassed more than fifty million views and celebrities like Jennifer Garner, Sarah Michelle Gellar & Keri Glassman, RD, swear by her food as a medicine approach to healthy tonics. She has written three cookbooks including her latest Smoothie Project. In addition to gracing magazine covers and Victoria’s Secret runways as a model, Catherine has appeared on TODAY, Good Morning America, California Live, The Kelly Clarkson Show, The Doctors, and is a regular on the Emmy-winning NBC show Naturally, Danny Seo as well as Food Network’s #1-rated Guy’s Grocery Games. She lives in Los Angeles with her husband and three children.