Steal these tips from professional NJ party planners to throw your kid an amazing LEGO-themed birthday party on a budget.
(1) Maplewood-based party planner Laura Himmelein from Party Cake Party Cake started with stackable LEGO containers from the local toy store to make the treat table centerpiece. To keep the primary-color theme going, wrap juice boxes in construction paper and fill clear vases with gumballs.
(2) Make kids a custom LEGO T-shirt to take home: Download our free printable njfamily.com/legoshirt and follow the stencil directions.
(3) Hide zip top bags full of LEGOs around the party space and challenge guests to find them. Each bag includes materials to build a car to take home. Inexpensive plastic plates (in party colors) mean LEGOs stay in place during construction.
(4) Top store-bought yellow cupcakes with chocolate LEGO candies, made by melting red and blue chocolate wafers into LEGO molds bought on Amazon.
(5) Transform glass baby food jars into candy-filled parting gifts: Paint them yellow, add a thank you tag and use a Sharpie to pen the iconic LEGO face.
More Like This:
How to Throw an Amazing DIY Mermaid Party
Camp Out Party
5 Biggest Party Trends of 2015