Wanna give the kids a spooky sweet treat this year, but no time to make everything from scratch? We’re loving these ghoulish brownie ghosts featured on our 2018 October cover. Here’s how you can this Halloween dessert in 15 minutes (or less) using store-bought brownies and some homemade fluff.
WHAT YOU NEED
For the base:
- Entenmann’s Little Bites Fudge Brownies
For the fluff faces:
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- chocolate-covered raisins or peanuts, or mini chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE
- In a double boiler using a glass (or metal) bowl over a saucepan of water, add egg whites, sugar and corn syrup. Beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks begin to form (approx. 4 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add the vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- To create the ghost body: Turn the brownie upside down and pipe the fluff into a peak on top using a large nozzle. This can be done with a spoon, too. Just swirl the fluff into a peak. Yeah, we see you licking the spoon–we call that clean up!
- Decorate with chocolate-covered raisins or peanuts, or substitute with mini chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth.
These are best devoured immediately, but can be stored in the refrigerator. You can also try this recipe for ghastly meringues from the Food Network to top of your Little Bites.
Now grab a ghostie and see who can tell the most Halloween jokes in the time it takes to eat this Halloween dessert…you’ll be hoowwwwwling in no time!