- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 4 cups mixed salad greens (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 container (4 oz) blue or Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 2 red apples, cut into bite-size pieces
- In medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until sugar is dissolved (dressing will be thick); set aside.
- In very large bowl (at least 4 quart), gently mix salad ingredients.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
To complete your Thanksgiving dinner menu, check out more recipes here!