The New Weis Center for Education, Arts, and Recreation
150 Snake Den Road
DATE / TIME
Feb 20, 2021 - Mar 13, 2021
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Dates: Feb 20, 27, Mar 6, 13. 2 sessions per day: 10:00-11:30am & 1:00-2:30pm
We are excited to offer public programs about the process, history, and ecology of maple sap & syrup. Programs are 1 1/2 hours and open to all ages, so bring your friends and family! Private classes may also be scheduled for you group or scout troop.
- A short hike learning about winter tree ID, sap ecology, and tree biology
- The history of tree tapping and some of the many things sap is used for
- Visit the tapped trees where we'll learn how to tap and collect and taste the sap
- Visit to the evaporator
- A syrup taste test, of course! (COVID-19 health and safety measures will be in effect throughout. Masks are required)
Health and Safety precautions:
• Small group size (max 16)
• Outdoor program; please dress accordingly
• Masks must be worn throughout; social distancing will maintained to the greatest extant possible.
Non-refundable; in case of inclement weather, program will be rescheduled.
Register on our website!
- CONTACT NAME|Anne Siebecker
- AGES|All Ages