Online via Zoom
Contact: Charlie Pane
The 4-H Veterinary Science Career Exploration Program from Rockland County is now virtual and being offered to students in grades 9-12 who are interested in a career working with animals. In this 8-session series, participants will engage in hands-on activities, interact with professionals, gain insight into career opportunities, and develop knowledge about animal care and behavior.
- Gain Insight into Veterinary Science Careers
- Explore Animal Health and Behavior
- Develop Skills with Experienced Professionals
Program Dates & Times
Mondays, October 5 - November 30, 6:30-8:00 PM
December 7 & 14
To register online, go to the Vet Sci Registration Portal.
Space is Limited, Register Early!This program is limited to 50 youth; registrations will be received on a paid, first-come, first-served basis. Registration fee must be paid in full prior to the first session of the program. Refund requests will not be accepted after the program has started.
October 1, 2020
$75. Financial assistance is available for families with demonstrated need
- Introduction to Veterinary Medicine
- Emergency Veterinary Care
- Aquatic Animal Health
- Health Maintenance
- Cat Care and Handling
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Case Studies in Veterinary Medicine
- A “Day in the Life” of a Veterinarian