Looking for a snack for your March Madness party? Or just looking to make a side dish the kids will actually eat? Cheesecake Factory has released a recipe for the famous (and delicious) Loaded Baked Potato Tots so you can make them at home if you can’t get out to the Cheesecake Factory!
The Cheesecake Factory’s Loaded Baked Potato Tots
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes (lumpy), cold
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Bacon, cooked & chopped approx. ½”
- 1 ea. Egg, beaten
- 1 bn. Green Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbl. Cornstarch
- 1 Tbl. All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Coarse Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 ea. Eggs, beaten with 1 Tbl. of cold water
- 4 cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- Canola Oil for frying
- To taste Coarse Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream to garnish
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Mayo* to garnish
- Place the potatoes, cheeses, bacon, green onion and egg into a large bowl and mix together with a rubber spatula.
- Sprinkle the cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper over the mixture, gently folding to combine.
- Line a baking sheet (that will fit in your freezer) with foil and sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Scoop the potato mixture, into walnut size scoops onto the prepared baking sheet spaced evenly apart. Place into the freezer for approx. 30 minutes to allow to hard but not freeze completely.
- Remove from freezer and gently roll into “tot shape”. Place back into freezer to freeze completely.
- Place the flour, egg & panko breadcrumbs into three separate containers.
- Remove the tots from the freezer and working in batches, dredge into the flour shaking off any excess, then dip into the egg draining off any excess and finally dredge into the breadcrumbs coating completely. Repeat until all tots are breaded.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Working in batches, fry tots for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Remove from oil and drain over paper towels, seasoning with salt while still hot.
- Serve with sour cream, sriracha mayo & enjoy!
*Many quality ingredients can be found at your local grocery store or simple recipes can be found online.
Visit the Cheesecake Factory for more information.