Oct 15, 201202:35 PMReal Moms of NJ
All the stuff that matters to moms in the Garden State
Jazz up your Halloween Jack-o-lantern
Looking for some ideas to make a unique Halloween pumpkin? Here are six clever ways to create an amazing jack-o-lantern. If the kids are helping, don't worry—none of these ideas require carving.
Pick-up some Push Ins
- Target has pumpkin decorations that you just push into the pumpkin to create characters like a Mr. Potato Head Pirate or Woody from Toy Story (pictured here).
Create a Book Page Pumpkin
- Creations by Kara has a tutorial explaining how to turn an old book into a fantastical pumpkin.
- Martha Stewart tells how to make cool creations using a funkin (foam pumpkin) and glow-in-the-dark powder.
Decorate a Cute-as-a-Button Pumpkin
- Real Simple has instructions for making an easy polka dot pumpkin from re-purposed buttons.
Paint a Chalkboard Pumpkin
- Zakka Life has directions for this clever DIY project. Best of all, you can change it as often as you like with just a little chalk!
Add a Hat and Mask for a Quick Pumpkin Disguise
- Add a hat and mask with this idea from Better Homes and Gardens. It's even more fun because the pumpkin is on its side, so the stem is the nose.
We've got lots more ideas in our article 10 Easy (and Not So Easy) Jack O'Lantern Decorating Ideas, and there's even more inspiration (over 200 pins!) to get your started on our Halloween Pinterest board.