May 9, 201209:43 AMReal Moms of NJ
All the stuff that matters to moms in the Garden State
Handprints and Hearts Craft for Mother's Day
Here's a cute Mother's Day craft you can make with your kids in about 15 minutes. And, if you make it today and mail, it should get to the special moms or grandmoms in your children's lives by Mother's Day!
What You Need:
- 2 sheets of paper (construction paper is the best)
- glue or a glue stick
- tiny hands to trace
How to Make it:
- Fold one sheet of paper in half and trace your child's hand with the thumb and pointer finger slightly over the crease.
- Cut out the handprint. When you cut the part between the thumb and pointer finger remember this "half" is going to make the heart shape when the sheet is unfolded, so cheat a little bit if you need to so it will look like a heart.
- Unfold the sheet and you should have two handprints with a heart between them. You may need to refold and shape the heart a little bit more.
- Glue the hand prints to a second sheet of paper.
- Help your child write a Mother's Day greeting and embellish with other decorations.
Happy Mother's Day!
Photo by Anna.