Create Memories with These End-of-School Year Photo Ideas
Another school year is coming to a close, and while it's often commemorated with parties, certificates, and end-of-year-performances, it's also nice to take a photo so you have a long-lasting memory.
For a special last day of school pictures, try one of these clever ideas for taking a photo of your child. Have him/her:
- Hold his own photo from the first day of school.
- Wear the same outfit she was wearing on the first day of school, and then frame the photos side-by-side with "first day" and "last day" captions.
- Show a piece of paper with the year, grade, and also the name of your child's teacher, which has the added benefit of making it possible to remember when the photo was taken a few years from now. Here's a free printable last day of school sign from the Chickabug Blog.
- Lie down next to his grade written in chalk on the ground.
- Pose with a giant thought bubble with her grade, like the one here "I'm in First Grade!"
- Run through a "Ready for Summer!" banner.
And if you're a digital person, another fun idea is to add titles and captions after the photo is taken using photo software. In addition to including basic information like age and grade, you could also add personal stats about your child, such as his favorite class, book, song, food, etc. Another great idea is to add what your child wants to be when she grows up.
We have lots more ideas on our Pinterest Board for the last day of school as well as the first day as well as other important milestones, too!
Please share your clever ideas on taking end-of-year school photos (or beginning of the year!)!