Fun (and Free!) Things to Do with Kids in Essex County
Keep kids engaged this summer with these fun and free activities, come rain or shine!
Summer's in full-swing and so are the things for kids to do in Essex County, NJ! Here are a few of our top picks for fun and free things to do with kids:
- BowTie Cinemas offers free movies at 10:30 am on Wednesdays and Thursdays at selected theaters including locations in South Orange, Upper Montclair and Hoboken through August 21.
- CityPlex12 in Newark has free movies at 10:00 am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays through August 28.
National Night Out
- South Orange is hosting the 4th Annual National Night Out with lots to do from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm on Floods Hill, including live music, a Kids Zone and Despicable Me on the big screen at 8:30 pm.
- Essex County's SummerMusic Concert Series takes place at various locations through September 8, and includes Music Festivals as well.
- Millburn has a summer concert series in Taylor Park, Sundays 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
- South Orange Recreation hosts concerts on selected Wednesday nights on Floods Hill, 7:30 pm.
- The Maplewood Library has lots of kid events, many that require pre-registration online or in-person at the library.
- The Montclair Library has plenty of activities for kids and families, with highlights like a performance by Monkey Monkey Music with Meredith LeVande at 12:00 pm on August 8.
- The South Orange Public Library has a variety of activities for kids including interactive performances on Monday nights at 7:00 pm and movies on Friday afternoons at 1:30 pm.
- The Verona Public Library has lots for children, with free movies on Thursdays at 1:30 pm.
More by NJ Family's Real Moms of NJ Blogger, Anna Sandler:
- This Summer's Best Movies for Kids
- Great Stationery for Sleepaway Camp
- Five Great Kids Swimsuit Brands for Summer