10 Fun Things to Do in January
By Anna Sandler
Updated December 2013
Just because it's cold out doesn't mean there aren't lots of fun things to do with your family in January—and, don't worry, I've included a few indoor ideas, too.
1. Put on your chef hats and whip up delicious, yet simple, snacks and tasty, seasonal treats, like a marshmallow snowman family.
2. Snuggle-up in a blanket and read a snowy-themed book. Then, make up some unique stories of your own.
3. Hit the ski slopes or lace up your skates for a day of family fun on the rink.
4. Go rock climbing in the warm indoors.
5. Sip a delicious hot drink by the roaring fire.
6. Visit a New Jersey museum, nature center, or state park for some educational fun.
7. Walk a quiet boardwalk at the Jersey Shore—or be crazy and join a polar bear plunge.
8. Go for the gold and host your own Winter Olympics games in your backyard or at a nearby park.
9. Head on over to a planetarium for out-of-this-world fun and lots of exciting light shows.
10. Get your sugar fix at one of the Garden State's many sweet, maple sugaring events.
This list is adapted from the article 112 Awesome Things To Do in 2012 that first appeared in the January issue of New Jersey Family. Click here to discover lots more fun family activities and things to do!
And, let us know other activities your family enjoys during New Jersey's winter months!