Our Facebook Fans Pick Their Favorite Children's Classic Books
Favorite classic children's books
We recently asked our Facebook fans what classic children's book they would like to pass onto their kids. In honor of World Book and Copyright Day, April 23, 2011, Sony Electronics studied people's reading habits, and this was one of the questions they asked. In the U.S., they found 20 percent of resondents picked The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss. However, according to our fans, it didn't make the list.
Here are the classic children's books our fans selected. Please add yours in the comments below!
- Amelia Bedelia by Peggy Parish - Kaye
- Berenstain Bears by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain - Barbara and Randi
- The BFG by Roald Dahl - Lucy
- The Bible - Kaye
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner - Kay and Nancy
- Brown Bear (or anything else by Eric Carle) - Malika
- Bubushka's Doll by Patricia Polacco - Rosangel
- Build Your Own Redwall Abbey by Brian Jacques - Barbara
- Charlotte's Web by E. B. White - Kathy
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein - Liz, Ann, and Blu Lotus Metaphysical Boutique
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown - Lyn and Donna
- Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss - Lyn
- Harold and the Purple Crayon by Crockett Johnson - Rosangel
- Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton - Paula
- The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton - Kathy M. and Paula
- The Mitten by Jan Brett - Rachel
- Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald - Lucy
- Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton - Kaye
- The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster - Janine
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg - Bernadette
- Ramona the Pest Series by Beverly Cleary - Kathy S.
- Socks for Supper by Jack Kent- Nicole
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle - Lyn
- Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein - Kathy S.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak - Meeple Mania
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - Rachel
What's your favorite classic children's book? Comment below!