Maximize Your Massage
Busy moms have tight schedules, tight budgets—and tight necks.
By Cathy Ashby
Busy moms have tight schedules, tight budgets—and tight necks. If you’ve the money and the time for a massage, make the most of it:
- Don’t eat a heavy meal beforehand.
- Drink plenty of water before (and after) to hydrate.
- Arrive early so you can relax and take a shower or use the sauna.
- Talk with your therapist about tender areas, lotion allergies, anxiety, etc.
- Provide feedback about pain, pressure, and room temperature.
- Remember to breathe, especially when the therapist finds a tender spot.
- Keep your mind focused on the massage, not day-to-day worries.
- Build in extra time at the end so you can slowly transition back to reality.
Check out some local massage therapists: