Maximize Your Massage
Busy moms have tight schedules, tight budgets—and tight necks.
Busy moms have tight schedules, tight budgets—and tight necks. If you’ve the money and the time for a massage, make the most of it:
- Don’t eat a heavy meal beforehand.
- Drink plenty of water before (and after) to hydrate.
- Arrive early so you can relax and take a shower or use the sauna.
- Talk with your therapist about tender areas, lotion allergies, anxiety, etc.
- Provide feedback about pain, pressure, and room temperature.
- Remember to breathe, especially when the therapist finds a tender spot.
- Keep your mind focused on the massage, not day-to-day worries.
- Build in extra time at the end so you can slowly transition back to reality.
Check out some local massage therapists: