Mom to Mom: Holiday Snacking, Migraines, and More
(page 1 of 2)
Thinking about adding a vitamin to your diet? Want to know your at-home options for facials? Here are some useful health and beauty tips for busy moms.
Six Things to Know About Migraines
- Nearly 30 million Americans suffer from migraines.
- 75% of people who have migraines are women.
- Migraines are most common in females between the ages of 20 and 45.
- More than half of migraines in women occur right before, during, or after she has her period.
- Migraines often become less severe and less frequent with age.
- It helps to identify migraine triggers by keeping a diary. Note the date and time, and where and what you were doing when it started, as well as what you consumed during the past 24 hours.
Face Time Pays Off
Facials offer many benefits: deep cleansing, improved circulation, stress relief, and anti-aging. So one done by a pro might be worth the splurge. Not all facials are created equal, though, so don’t be afraid to insist on experienced staff, a hygienic facility, quality skincare products, and treatments geared to your specific age and skin condition. If your budget’s tight, new at-home options promise similar results at a fraction of the price. Products to try: Olay Pro-X System ($29); Aveda Tourmaline Charged Skincare Starter Set ($45).
Smart Holiday Snacking—>