Special Needs Youth Recreation Programs
Jan 14, 2018 to Feb 10, 2018
10:00 AM until 01:30 PM
This event occurs weekly, on Sunday, Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
Youth with special needs or those who could use a little help and encouragement in participating in recreation are also welcome to register for several “TryCAN” programs that continue this winter. These popular and affordable programs, open to children from any town, help youth develop skills that allow them to pursue a sport or activity further or simply provide them with a meaningful recreation experience, using teen Peer Mentors from local middle and high schools to help participants learn and have fun. Programs include:
• Baseball Skills – Sundays starting January 14
• Let’s Pretend play and social group for 3-5 year olds – Saturdays starting January 20
• Play and Learn play and social group for 6-7 year olds – Saturdays starting January 20
• Kidz Club social group for grades 3-5 – Saturdays starting January 20
• Dance and Movement Group – Sundays starting January 21
• Mini Yoga Group – Sundays starting January 21
• Move and Dance for older kids – Sundays starting January 21
• Social Skills, using technology, for 8-12 year olds – Mondays starting January 22
• Teen Friendship Group – Mondays starting January 22.
For a copy of the flyer, detailed program description, location and prices, contact email@example.com. Register online at https://register.communitypass.net/summit, by phone 908-277-2932, or in person at Summit Community Center. Space is limited. Thanks to the Springfield and New Providence Departments of Recreation for opening their doors to our programs during the construction at Summit Community Center. Also thanks to the NJ Department of Community Affairs for general program support.
The TryCAN Collaboration of communities offers an array of recreation programs for youth with special needs throughout the year. TryCAN also trains teen volunteers as Peer Mentors in programs throughout the year to help children be successful in recreational activities. For more information about TryCAN, visit summitcommunityprograms.com.
See flyer for pricing.
See flyer for location details
Summit Community Programs
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.