Social Skills Group (ages 3-5)
Jan 25, 2018 to Mar 1, 2018
09:15 AM until 10:00 AM
This event occurs weekly, on Thursday.
Have your child join in the fun as they learn basic acting skills through drama games, improvisation, dramatic enactment, puppetry, and role-play. Through the use of drama and creative arts, the focus will be placed on practicing appropriate physical boundaries, building communication skills, and having fun while being creative. Under the guidance of Brooke Campbell, a licensed Creative Arts and Drama Therapist and professional actor, children will have fun practicing team building and develop strong social skills while expressing themselves through the creative process.
Drama and Creative Arts Therapy is used for children to:
1) Develop social skills
2) Increase socialization through projected play
3) Increase emotional reciprocity, through drama games
4) Increase vocal awareness: intonation, pitch, volume, rate, rhythm
5) Increase ability to sustain cognitive focus, reducing inattention and hyperactivity
6) Increase emotional awareness/recognition
7) Increase body language awareness and decoding skills
8) Develop emotional regulation/flexibility through dramatic play and improvisation
9) Increase behavioral awareness, through mirroring, drama games and role play
Instructor: Brooke Campbell, MA, RDT-BCT, LCAT
$200 plus tax (for 6 weeks)
We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of this information. However, you should always call ahead to confirm dates, times, location, and other information.