Job Openings: Work at New Jersey Family!
If you love New Jersey Family
and are incredibly talented, maybe you should work for us.
New Jersey Family just so happens to be hiring.
Seeking Account Executives with a Passion for Selling!
We're hiring! We have immediate openings for account executives to sell print and digital advertising.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years prior sales experience, preferably in publishing/media
- Ability to succeed in a commission-only position
- A hunter mentality with a proven ability to close
- Able to work 35 hours a week
- Attention to detail, excellent follow through and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of local family and child-oriented businesses and programs
- Ability to educate clients and agencies on the buying power of our audience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Computer/internet proficiency, familiarity with CRM systems a plus
We offer a fun working environment, a generous commission structure and a flexible work schedule. For 25 years, New Jersey Family has been an essential resource for NJ Moms. Join our team!
Sales and Marketing Intern
This for-credit internship will provide the opportunity to work closely with the Director of sales as well as the rest of the Business Development team. Ideal candidate will possess a desire to ultimately be involved with marketing/sales/advertising/business
- Contribute to and develop marketing campaigns to promote NJ Family, NJ Baby, Raising teens, njfamily.com and our social media sites
- Assist in building current sales database for prospecting
- Compile competitive data to assist the sales team
- Assist in developing sales and marketing materials such as sell sheets, brochures, forms, competitive analysis, and more
- Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Business, Management, Communications
- Excellent writing skills, communication skills and creativity
- Ability to be flexible, multitask and take direction
- 20 hours weekly, ability to work from our office with your own laptop
We require interns to work in our Summit office for at least two days of work per week, and must be able to provide own laptop.
Email to: email@example.com SUBJECT: Marketing Intern. No phone calls, please.
New Jersey Family offers internship positions in exchange for college credit. You would need ultimately to confirm that your college has an internship program which qualifies to participate with New Jersey Family.
Are you a magazine designer with a passion for creativity, flare for page layout and love for learning?
New Jersey Family Magazine is looking for an enthusiastic and creative genius to work as part of a small team on a variety of projects for our print and digital platforms—including magazine layout, internal marketing, social media design and advertising.
This position is a part-time, for-credit internship with the print magazines and website.
This intern will work closely with the art director and learn (hands-on) how to:
- Take a magazine from concept to print
- Understand the print-production process and scheduling
- Carry design elements from print to digital
- Multitask a variety of assignments
- Work to tight deadlines
- Be an awesome team player!
Must be fully proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and have working knowledge of CS6. HTML knowledge is preferred but not essential.
We require interns to work in our Summit office for at least two days of work per week, and must be able to provide own laptop. A love for the Garden State and affinity for parenting media is a plus!
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: Design Intern. No phone calls, please.
New Jersey Family seeks a motivated, enthusiastic individual for a part-time, for-credit editorial internship in our NJ offices. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about the inner workings of print-magazine and/or digital-media production. In this position you will write, edit, research, fact check and learn how to publish digital content. You will be doing substantive editorial work while you’re here, and should have beautiful clips by the time you leave. Candidate must be pursuing an English/journalism/communications major or minor or have related experience and be willing to take direction and contribute ideas. Interns work in our Summit office. We are flexible with scheduling but require at least two days of work per week.
Contact: Please email a brief cover letter (with availability) and resume to email@example.com. Please send documents in PDF or standard Word document format. No phone calls, please.