Hit a Home Run with These Team Snack Ideas
As summer sports like soccer, baseball and softball are in full swing, so is the team snack rotation. We asked on Facebook and Twitter for your suggestions for the best snacks for a group, and got a lot of great ideas.
So, if you're looking for some snack inspiration, here are lots of ideas that work well for a group:
- Apple Chips
- "Balls of Energy": easy to make in a large quantity and perfect for young athletes to pop in their mouths at halftime
- Banana bread
- Carrot "chips" and chipotle hummus
- Corn muffins
- Fresh fruit: grapes, clementines, and bananas (all travel well)
- Fruit kabobs
- Granola bars
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Mini bagels and cream cheese
- Mini carrots
- Mini sandwiches served with a variety of fillings
- Orange slices
- Popcorn or popcorn balls
- Pretzels from the Pretzel Factory (or pretzels of any kind)
- Raisin (in mini boxes)
- Roll-ups made with tortillas, turkey, and cheese (can also make with just deli meat and cheese)
- "Sandwich on a stick"
- Sno cones made with real fruit or fruit juice (you'll need to keep these cold in a cooler)
- Squeeze yogurt (freeze beforehand and it will still be cold post-game)
- Strawberry shortcakes (just bring the pieces: cut strawberries, little cake bases, and canned whipped cream, and create)
- String Cheese (best to bring a cooler to keep these fresh)
- Zucchini bread
For more ideas, check out the Snacks for the Team Pinterest board. You'll find lots of ideas for kid-friendly team snacks.
Have a favorite snack for a group? Please let us know in the comments below!
As always, be sure to note any allergies your child may have before preparing or serving him/her one of these snacks!