Dirt and Worms Cupcakes
Dig into this twist on a classic dessert.
- 1 (18 ounces) box chocolate cake mix
- 3 cups any flavor cookie crumbs
- 1 (18 ounces) can chocolate icing
- 1 (16 ounces) bag gummy worms
- Preheat oven according to cake mix package directions.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup cupcake pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour batter into cupcake pans and bake as directed on cake mix box.
- Let cupcakes cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Spread cupcakes lightly with chocolate icing. Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top.
- Cut gummy worms in half (as many as you like).
- Put icing onto cut end of the worms and stick to the top of cupcakes.
- You can use as few or as many as will fit on each cupcake.
- Let icing set for 10 minutes and then enjoy.
—Recipe courtesy of Food.com.